Quoting Simon Spero <[log in to unmask]>:

> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Richard Wallis
> <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>

>> However, I think you are thinking in the right direction - I am
>> resigning myself to just using the word 'description'.
>

> Q: In your definition, can *descriptions *be put* * into 1:1 correspondence
> with records (where a record is a atomic asserted set of propositions about
> a resource)?

Yes, I realize that you were asking Richard, but I'm a bit forward, as
we know. I do NOT see a description as atomic in the sense that a
record is atomic. A record has rigid walls, a description has
permeable ones. A description always has the POTENTIAL to have a bit
of unexpected data added; a record cuts off that possibility.

That said, I am curious about the permeability of the edges of a named
graph. I don't know their degree of rigidity in terms of properties
allowed.

kc

--
Karen Coyle