Karen,

This might come up in your discussions with the consulting company, but EllisLab, the company that maintains CodeIgniter, sells a full CMS comparable to Drupal and Wordpress called ExpressionEngine (http://expressionengine.com), which is written in CodeIgniter (which is FOSS).

Mark

Mark Jordan
Head of Library Systems
W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Voice: 778.782.5753 / Fax: 778.782.3023 / Skype: mark.jordan50