On 12/15/2011 6:07 PM, Francis Kayiwa wrote:

> Perhaps it has reached a point where regional ones will be the way to
> go as more and more people get left out. I say if you get left out.
> Plan to run your $local code4lib to make up for it.

Yep, that'd be the party line. You know Code4Lib was started only, what,
6 years ago, by a bunch of random coders who just said "Hey, let's put
on a conference, why not?"  It's gotten harder to put on since then, but
the first one was pretty seat of the pants (I understand, I wasn't
there, although i was at the 2nd).

If you're unhappy that you can't get into code4lib, start your own that
you can get into!