Hi Mike,

----- Original Message -----
> I've been happy with sbackup for a while now, though I believe the
> latest Ubuntus are using DejaDup?
>
> But I can't remember the last time I needed to restore a file.

Me either - my use case is restoring my whole system. I've had two Macbooks over 5.5 years and I've used TM to restore the entire system 3 times, either because of a hard drive replacement or the migration to the new Mac. Very sweet -- which is why I'm looking for the equivalent for Linux. I realize that I won't be able to restore the entire backup to a new machine due to hardware differences, but I'd love to be able to simply restore my home directory and selected application directories from my backup USB drive.

Mark