On 12/23/2011 1:17 PM, Nate Vack wrote:
> As a guide to how many seats we may need to open up, it could be worth
> looking at the size of this mailing list compared to the number of
> registrations (waitlist included) for the conference.
>
> Is there a relatively easy way to get that data? Historical list size
> seems like it might be tricky...
>
> -n

  puzzles are fun. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense but I have to
jump in here.
    Maybe think about institutions/organizations instead of people, give
each institution a weight depending on how many they might send. For
instance, an institution has 10 Code4Lib followers but the reality is
that they will never send more than one person. So they get a weight of
"one", versus an institution that sends 10 people and their weight could
be affected by the "limit" someone talked about. But, if an institution
volunteered to host, their weight could be increased for 2 years.
    Now have C4L poll the list of slots( institutions) and if they don't
have their person ready to go, close the slot and go to the next.
  Put the availability responsibility on the institution.

ok, back to last minute shopping, I think I had too much coffee.

PaulC