From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Kåre Fiedler Christiansen [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 5:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] Availability of data-enabled temporary SIM cards

Hi all,

Sorry for being semi-off-topic, but obviously you're the right bunch of people to know this...

We're a bunch of Danes visiting the Code4Lib conference in Seattle. But the prospect of a full week being offline on my trusted Android phone is scary. And the price of international data roaming is simply scary.

So I was wondering if any US carriers are selling data-enabled SIM cards, at a price that would be reasonable for a week's usage, and which are also available for visiting tourists?

Any input welcome. Thanks.

Best,
  Kåre