Hi,

I'm now in the group that produces XTF, and for XTF4.0, I'm thinking about updating the EAD XSLT based on the Online Archive of California's stylesheets.

For our EAD samples that we distribute with the XTF tutorial, we are using 6 EAD files from the library of congress (which presumably are public domain).

I'd like to start of a collection of pathological EAD examples that we have the rights to redistribute with the XTF tutorials and to use for testing.

Anticipating that potential contributors might not want to release their actual records for inclusion in an open source project; I hacked a little script to systematically change names and nouns to pig latin

https://gist.github.com/1429538

Here is a sample run;

Input: (from http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt3580374v/ )

The NASA Space Shuttle Challenger disaster occurred on January 28, 1986 when Space Shuttle Challenger broke apart 73 seconds into its flight, leading to the deaths of its seven crew members. Disintegration of the entire vehicle began after an O-ring seal in its right solid rocket booster failed at liftoff. The disaster resulted in the formation of the Rogers Commission, a special commission appointed by United States President Ronald Reagan to investigate the accident. The Presidential Commission found that NASA's organizational culture and decision-making processes had been a key contributing factor to the accident. NASA managers had known that contractor Morton Thiokol's design of the solid rocket boosters contained a potentially catastrophic flaw in the O-rings, but they failed to address it properly. They also disregarded warnings from engineers about the dangers of launching posed by the low temperatures of that morning.

output:

The Nasaay Acespay Uttleshay Allengerchay isasterday occurred on Anuaryjay 28, 1986 when Acespay Uttleshay Allengerchay okebray apartway 73 econdsays into its flight, leading to the eathdays of its seven ewcray embermays. Isintegrationday of the entire ehiclevay began after an O-ring ealsay in its ightray solid ocketray oosterbay failed at iftofflay. The isasterday resulted in the ormationfay of the Ogersray Ommissioncay, a special ommissioncay appointed by Itedunay States Esidentpray Onaldray Eaganray to investigate the accidentway. The Esidentialpray Ommissioncay found that Nasaay's organizational ulturecay and decision-making ocessprays had been a key ontributingcay actorfay to the accidentway. Nasaay anagermays had known that ontractorcay Ortonmay Iokolthay's esignday of the solid ocketray oosterbays contained a potentially catastrophic awflay in the ingO-rays, but they failed to addressway it properly. They also disregarded arningways from engineerways about the angerdays of launching posed by the low emperaturetays of that orningmay.

Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback on this?  Is this totally silly?  Is there something besides pig latin that I could transform the words to?  Any obvious ways I could improve the python?