Hi, Lars, you seem to be on the right track, but I'll chime in for
repositories here. Either DSpace or Fedora  Commons make good "boxes" for
digitized content, you're just faced with the task of building an
interface to them. For DSpace, I'd look at using Skylight [1], for Fedora
there are lots of choices, but a really fun one is EULFedora [2], written
by the fine folks at Emory University. EULFedora is a Django-based front
end for Fedora, there is a great tutorial/howto on readthedocs.org [3].
Another option is to use whatever box/CMS/DAM you have handy, and then use
the page-turner that mutlivio.org makes available.

If you're looking for Digital Library in a box, you're probably looking
for Omeka (PHP web app), or Islandora (Drupal front end for Fedora). You
can download a Vbox [4] image with a running instance of Islandora, boot
it up in Virtual Box and Bam! You're cooking.

Another option that doesn't get enough mention is the digital library
software that Villanova wrote, VuDL. [5]

[1] http://skylightui.org
[2] https://github.com/emory-libraries/eulfedora
[3] http://eulfedora.readthedocs.org
[4] http://islandora.ca/download_islandorademo_virtualbox