On 11 Dec 2011, at 23:30, Richard Wallis wrote:

> There is no document I am aware of, but I can point you at the blog post by
> Tim Hodson [
> http://consulting.talis.com/2011/07/british-library-data-model-overview/]
> who helped the BL get to grips with and start thinking Linked Data.
> Another by the BL's Neil Wilson [
> http://consulting.talis.com/2011/10/establishing-the-connection/] filling
> in the background around his recent presentations about their work.

Neil Wilson at the BL has indicated a few times that in principle the BL has no problem sharing the software they used to extract the relevant data from the MARC records, but that there are licensing issues around the s/w due to the use of a proprietary compiler (sorry, I don't have any more details so I can't explain any more than this). I'm not sure whether this extends to sharing the source that would tell us what exactly was happening, but I think this would be worth more discussion with Neil - I'll try to pursue it with him when I get a chance

Owen