The "appalachia" group turned into a southeast group at one point, but
it was never successful getting enough interest to have a local meetup
in appalachia or the southeast.  I have an interest in a regional
southeast code4lib so I'd be glad to help out if someone else takes
the lead...

Thanks for reminding me about CurateGear! I've been approved for it by
mpow but haven't filled out any paperwork yet (registration, etc.)

Kevin