At the Drupal project, we actively work to inform folks of license
infringement, and monitor released derivative works -- mostly modules
-- to insure that they are including the GPL v2 license.

We also work with the Software Freedom Law Center to address issues
that are beyond our scope.

Drupal is, to the degree possible, trademarked, but neither the Drupal
Association, nor Dries Buytaert, Drupal's creator hold any patents on
its functionality.

Thanks,

Cary

--