On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Matthew Phillips
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm the guy that did the hacking (with help from my coworkers, Jeff and David) to get Hacker News up and running. If you have technical questions about the site, shoot them my way.

Nice work. It's great to see it starting to get used.

> Mark is right, Library News is running the news.arc source from https://github.com/nex3/arc  I had to do a little customization, but the code worked out of the box for me.
>
> I'm really interested in seeing Library News blossom. If you have input, please share it. I'd also be excited to get a couple of community leaders to become moderators for the site (drop me an email if you want to volunteer yourself/someone).

I noticed that news.arc has some RSS functionality [1]. Does it seem
easy/possible to add a <link> element to the RSS feeds to the HTML,
e.g.

  <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Library
News" href="http://news.librarycloud.org/rss">

//Ed

[1] https://github.com/nex3/arc/blob/master/news.arc#L2239