From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nate Hill
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 12:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] server side vs client side

As I was struggling with the syntax trying to figure out how to use javascript to load a .txt file, process it and then spit out some html on a web page, I suddenly found myself asking why I was trying to do it with javascript rather than PHP.

Is there a right/wrong or better/worse approach for doing something like that? Why would I want to choose one approach rather then the other?

As always, apologies if I'm asking a terribly basic question.

--
Nate Hill
http://www.natehill.net