Hi, Tim. BibApp uses Citeproc-rb to parse the citations stored in the database to various styles.
You might also look at how BibApp handles batch citation imports from RIS, Medline, etc.
https://github.com/BibApp/BibApp/tree/master/vendor/plugins

Jason

Jason Stirnaman
Biomedical Librarian, Digital Projects
A.R. Dykes Library, University of Kansas Medical Center
913-588-7319

>>> On 12/12/2011 at 03:23 PM, in message <[log in to unmask]>, "Shearer, Timothy J" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi All,

We have a popular service:

http://www.lib.unc.edu/house/citationbuilder/

Essentially it provides citation "genre" (journal article, chapter,
monograph) based web forms and allows users to fill them in and then see a
citation formatted in various styles.

Regardless of how folks feel about that as a service, I'm interested in
exploring better ways to do it, and why reinvent the wheel?

I'm looking for perspectives on (or existing projects that use)
citeproc-js to process web form input (and potentially also to unpack and
style COinS).

Thanks for any advice or pointers.

Tim