Hi Adam,

I'll respond in-line below. Thanks!

Nathan

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Adam Wead <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
>
> Can you tell us:
> - what kind of content you'll be ingesting (images, text, a/v)

Content will include all types of electronic files: images, text, video,
audio, data sets, and more. We will normalize and convert to open-formats
as much as possible during the accessioning process.

- how much of it do you expect you'll have (1TB, 100 TB, more?)

This is harder to answer, but ideally it will be scalable (sp?). We'll
probably start off in the realm of 5-10 TB, but as we migrate our analog
media to digital formats, we are going to have some very large files in the
future. Plus, who knows what will come in via new accessions.

- what kind of access will you need to provide (world-wide or just local?)

Access is local only, but I will need to be able to run a WAMP type
configuration.

- do you want off-site backups in one or more locations

 Off-site backups will be handled by a vendor.

- what systems, if any, do you currently have in place

This will be a brand new system. Currently we have some preservation-files
stored on a shared network location, but it's not working out for a myriad
of reasons. We really want to have our system that we control.

- what software are you considering for the repository

Software hasn't been decided yet. I might start out just using the server
with a simple folder hierarchy and store files that way. Should we choose
to use repository software options include Fedora (via Islandora) and
Dspace.