On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM, Michael B. Klein <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> I think Kyle's point was that you could use a hardware keylogger *without*
> the computer behind it. Just have it "snoop" on your barcode scanner and
> then download the data from it daily. You'd still need to feed it USB
> power, but that's not hard.

Correct.

Even if you have a machine behind it that works with apps, there'd still be
no issue as you can have the keyboard and scanner send in info on different
USB interfaces. If you have an older unit that employs a Y cable, you can
easily separate the signals by adding a splitter.

kyle

Kyle Banerjee
Digital Services Program Manager
Orbis Cascade Alliance