Hi,
The IA Book Reader doesn't need an image server to be installed. It will
load images pre-generated at different sizes (e.g. small, medium, large)
that just sit on your server. I think this is how the demo supplied with
the distribution works. It can optionally be made to work with an image
server (we use it with the IIPImage Server).
Cheers
Eoghan