I help maintain a website ( http://www.nzetc.org/ ) which publishes
texts of reasonably broad interest (Nineteenth Century New Zealand
novels, the Official New Zealand War Histories, a couple of literary
journals, early New Zealand ethnography, etc). We publish to the web and
as ePub (+PDF in cases where the layout or typography might be important).

Currently we have MARC records that point to the web version, for
internal use, but we're looking at making a MARCXML file available for
download by third parties (we anticipate public libraries and perhaps
school libraries). We'd like to make the MARC records as useful as
possible to as many people as possible.

I'm looking for specific recommendations of how to code references to
ePubs in MARC for maximum compatibility with multiple cataloguing systems.

[For those looking at our current ePubs, we're also working to increment
the version of the standard we use to make them compatible with iTunesU.]

cheers
stuart
--
Stuart Yeates