From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Alexander Johannesen
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Open datasets

Hiya,

I'm in the middle of creating a meta data management system (including
merging and persistent identifier management) for a somewhat different
domain (intranets and business integration), but it's based on Topic
Maps
and so is well suited to other means of meta data handling / mangling.
It's
also going to be open-source, and it might be well-suited to library
tasks
as well.

So in order to test the integrity and performance of my system so far
I'm
wondering if there's a suitable open dataset of bibliographic records
that
aren't too obscure (meaning, I can find the titles at amazon or Open
Library) that you could recommend? More than 1000 records, but less than
million, maybe?

Regards,

Alex