I like the idea of a code4lib conference franchise similar to
THATCamp: http://thatcamp.org/. I happen to know that Amanda French,
THATCamp Coordinator, is interested in talking with the code4lib
coordinators about the distributed conference model. Her expertise on
the subject would be enlightening. If you're interested, she can be
contacted at [log in to unmask]

Jim