huh.  neat idea.  certainly beats paying hundreds of dollars for some other scanner.

On Jan 30, 2012, at 2:15 PM, Michael B. Klein wrote:

> I think Kyle's point was that you could use a hardware keylogger *without*
> the computer behind it. Just have it "snoop" on your barcode scanner and
> then download the data from it daily. You'd still need to feed it USB
> power, but that's not hard.
>
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Nate Vack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Kyle Banerjee <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>> Since a barcode scanner is just a keyboard wedge, a hardware keylogger
>>> would work well for this purpose. It'll cost you less than $50
>>
>> It'll only work well if you don't mind your scanner spamming
>> keypresses to the rest of your apps all day.
>>
>> -n

[http://donations.rockhall.com/Logo_WWR.gif]<http://rockhall.com/exhibits/women-who-rock/>
This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication. It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s). If this communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication.

'