I believe it comes down to this: a) Either establish a standing
committee and hire an event production company, or b) keep doing what
we are doing.

With 'a', we get consistent rules and policies, a longer planning
cycle, and the possibility of higher prices.

With 'b' we retain our eclectic, occasionally peculiar, and subject to
local interpretation set of rules, customs, quirks and secret (albeit
well documented) handshakes, all governed by the rule that "if you
don't like it, do your own code4libcon."

Personally, I like 'b' and support the brave souls who step up to do
the work, even if they are occasionally in places that are way too
cold.

Cary

--
Cary Gordon