Hello all,

On the last call one of you asked how you could get started participating in some of the working group projects.  I made a few updates to the wiki that I hope will help with that.

The current scope of work section (http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Standards_and_Best_Practices_Working_Group#Current_Scope_of_Work ) now has sections for each of the projects we're working on.  There are new sections for 2 projects that we haven't begun yet for which we could really use some volunteers: the digital preservation staffing survey and the use of digital preservation standards survey. There's a little bit of background posted to the planning page for each of them:
http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Staffing_survey_planning_page
http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Standards_survey_planning_page

For both of those surveys we need people to start thinking about the questions we would like answers to. You don't need to do anything official to start participating in those projects. Just go to the planning page for the survey you'd like to help with and pose some thoughts or draft questions on the planning page.

best,
Andrea

Andrea Goethals
Digital Preservation and Repository Services Manager
Harvard Library Office for Information Systems
(617) 495-3724