In preparation for our call I wanted to dig up some more examples that we could look to and consider as potential models, like the FOSS4Lib site. If folks have a few min to give a very brief skim of these before the call that would be great, otherwise we can mull them over and add to the list for the future.

I have also added these to the Wiki page for the Open Source Project: http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=Open_Source_Software

Evaluating Open Source Software: Corrado, Edward M. (2008) Evaluating Open Source Software. In: European Library Automation Group (ELAG) Conference, 22-24 April 2008, Bratislava, Slovakia. http://codabox.org/61/

Rainer , A & Gale , S 2005 , ' Evaluating the Quality and Quantity of Data on Open Source Software Projects ' , Procs , vol 1 , pp. 29-36 . https://uhra.herts.ac.uk/dspace/bitstream/2299/2076/1/902200.pdf

Goh, D., Chua, A., Khoo, D., Khoo, E., Mak, E., & Ng, M. (2006). A checklist for evaluating open source digital library software. Online Information Review, 30(4), 360-379.
http://dr.ntu.edu.sg/bitstream/handle/10220/6183/2006-dl-checklist-oir.pdf?sequence=1

Evaluating Open Source Software, M Kennedy; Defense AT&L
http://www.dau.mil/pubscats/ATL%20Docs/Jul-Aug10/Kennedy_jul-aug10.pdf

How to Evaluate Open Source Software / Free Software (OSS/FS) Programs http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/procurement-infopack.xml

Decision factors for open source software procurement http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/procurement-infopack.xml

Best, Trevor

Trevor Owens
Digital Archivist
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program
Office of Strategic Initiatives
The Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave SE
Washington DC 20540-1300