On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:36, Cynthia Ng <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What's key:
> 1) minimal effort in install/setup i.e. ready to use out of the box
> 2) small scale is okay, we have a very small team
> 3) ideally, have an area for documentation and issue creation via email
>
> What does your institution use?
> What do you like and dislike most about it?
> Would you recommend it to others?

We have been using Redmine for the past year or so. We use it for
issues and for code repo integration and for tying issues to commits.
We don't much use the wiki/doc functionality and we do not create
issues via email, though I do believe it supports both of those
features out of the box.

We're very happy with it and would recommend it. It runs on Ruby on
Rails, so make sure you can support that in your environment, needless
to say.

I've also used Trac in the past, which I also liked very much but I've
found Redmine to be a little less fiddly though I recognize that is
highly subjective. If it's easier to support Python/wsgi apps in your
environment, Trac might be a better choice than than Redmine assuming
its feature set matches your needs.

-Mike