My wife, for a linguistics research project, recorded the responses of her
subjects to a list of questions, so that she could transcribe them and
analyze them. She got Dragon Dictate with the intention of getting a rough
transcription and then, listening to the tape, correct the errors. With so
many subjects, she found that the software, which was trained to her voice,
never gave good enough results to be faster than transcribing them herself
by hand. So, keep that issue in mind. I would imagine that, if there were
just a few lecturers for the podcast, that a speech transcription solution
might work out, provided you could get the lecturers to spend a little time
helping to train the software. However, you need to find out how many
different voices a given dictation software can be trained to reliably
understand. If it is fewer than the number of lecturers, it probably not be
worth it. If it did work, you could send rough transcriptions and the audio
and have Mechanical Turk do clean up edits rather than the whole
transcription.

Tom