I think the answer is make sure you are able to add new elements to the
store later, and keep around your source data and plan to be able to
reprocess it.  Something like what XC is doing.  That way, you get to be
agile at the beginning and just deal with what you *know* is absolutely
needed, and add more when you can make a business case for it.  Especially
if you are looking to deal with MARC or ONIX data.