My take on "enough for what?" is this:

What use cases do you have, both current and future? What sorts of queries
and data displays are necessary and sufficient to fulfill those use cases?
The collection of metadata involved in those displays and queries
constitutes "enough".

Of course, this is easier to say than to do. The first step is a careful
enumeration of use cases. "Must" and "should" use cases should definitely
be included; you'll want to weigh "could" use cases against your ambition
and resources, and the future prospects of your project.

-dre