Thanks John!  I tried running db_upgrade, but apparently the utilities were
not included in my setup. So I ran the following:

gomez@gwnma:/var/www/nd/t1$ sudo apt-get install db4.8-util

That installed the utilities, but I'm still having some trouble:

gomez@gwnma:/var/www/nd/t1$ sudo db4.8_upgrade -v -h NOID NOID/noid.bdb
db4.8_upgrade: Program version 4.8 doesn't match environment version 4.7
db4.8_upgrade: DB_ENV->open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment
version mismatch

I tried leaving off the environment home flag

gomez@gwnma:/var/www/nd/t1$ sudo db4.8_upgrade -v NOID/noid.bdb
db4.8_upgrade: NOID/noid.bdb upgraded successfully

That looks like it worked. However, when I try making a call to the service
I get the old error:

gomez@gwnma:/var/www/nd/t1$ curl localhost/nd/noidu_t1?mint+1
no "Env" object (DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch)

-Josh