On 2/22/2012 5:10 PM, Sebastian Karcher wrote:
> Because Trac and Git have come up: Zotero has switched from Trac/SVN
> to Git and I (and I think everyone else involved) much prefers git,
> not least because of it's better issue handling. I found Trac slow,
> clumsy, and ugly.

I'm confused. Git is a source control repo, like svn.

Trac is an issue tracker.

Okay, you switched from svn to git (which to me seems somewhat
orthogonal to issue tracker, although it's true that certain issue
tracker software integrates with some versioning control systems and not
others, like trac does with svn).

But what are you using for issue tracking now, instead of Trac?  git is
not an issue tracker, so I'm not sure what you mean by "git's better
issue handling", git doesn't do issue handling (any more than svn does).
Do you mean you're using github.com as your git host, and their issue
tracker? Or something else?

Jonathan