On 02/27/2012 15:22, Nathan Tallman wrote:
> Is Amazon Mechanical Turk expensive? Anyone know an average cost for an
> hour of audio?

I used to do transcriptions on the worker side. I preferred clips of
30-60 seconds; there seemed to be a better going rate. Often there would
be a big set of such clips, and I would end up doing a bunch of them. I
think they went for 10 or 20 cents a clip. But there's a wide range.
You'll probably want to double them up, i.e. get two or three workers to
do each bit, and then normalize and diff them for QA.

--
Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Manager

Access Problems? Contact [log in to unmask]