Definitely!

We can build off the lessons learned from recording the presentations
from last year. We need to be mic nazis or just mic the presenter.

-nruest

On 12-02-15 01:46 PM, Cynthia Ng wrote:
> Great to hear!
>
> As I am unfortunately unlikely to make it, I think livestreaming
> and/or video archiving would be great.
>
> Another alternative would be for all presenters to post presentations
> with speaker notes and/or have a live notetaker. Just throwing ideas
> out there.
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Mita Williams<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
>> The third installment of Code4Lib North is a go!
>> http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/North#Third_Meeting:_University_of_Windsor.2C_May_.3F.3F.3F.2C_2012
>>
>> We have the okay from our administration, we (tentatively) we have a place
>> to meet up in the University's new Engineering Building, and we have a team
>> of folks from the Leddy Library who will endeavour to extend the same kind
>> hospitality that both McMaster and Queen's University demonstrated in the
>> past.  And there's a chance that we might be able to hold a social event in
>> the soon to be reopened Walkerville Brewery.
>>
>> Code4Lib Community: do have any suggestions for what sort of format we
>> should pursue?  At the moment, I'm thinking along the lines of being two
>> days with the first being a hackfest and the second being lightning talks
>> and presentations.  Should we also include an 'ask me anything' on the
>> first day? the second?  If we get the space we want, we might have access
>> to a 3D printer.  Should we try to incorporate some hardware hacking?
>> Also, we're not well versed in livestreaming and archiving video of
>> presentations here but if it's important to the community, we can give it
>> our best shot.  How important is live video/archived video to you?
>>
>> And perhaps, most importantly, what week in May would work best for you?
>>
>> Here are some mitigating factors (please let me know of any that I may have
>> missed)
>>
>> - April 20-22 : GreatLakes THATCamp (London, Ontario)
>> - May 5th : Weird Al is playing the Detroit Fox Theatre
>> - June/July : tentative Code4Lib Midwest meetup at Michigan State
>>
>> Please let me know, on or off-list. Thanks!
>> Mita

Nick Ruest
Digital Preservation Librarian, Repository Architect, and Digitization Coordinator
President - McMaster University Academic Librarians' Association

McMaster University
Mills Memorial Library
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON L8S 4L6
Phone: 905.525.9140 ext. 21276
Email: [log in to unmask]
http://library.mcmaster.ca/contact/ruest-nicholas
http://ruebot.net/

"Revolution is not something fixed in ideology, nor is it something fashioned to a particular decade.  It is a personal process embedded in the human spirit." - Abbie Hoffman