Hi all

--What project management software are you using?

We are using ActiveCollab (eg. to share documents and discuss on
requirements) and TRAC for development.

--What made you choose the system?

ActiveCollab is simple also for non technicals, it could be connected with
subversion, has a lot of discussion functionality. Also is open source,
written in PHP and we could use it on our own server.

--Has the system met all of your needs? If not, where does it fail?

We buyed a 1 year subscription but currently evaluating. Sometimes I think
that too much things on the same place make hard to prevent noise and
follow the project flow.

--Overall opinions?

Before the decision we tried a bit of Teambox, Basecamp, Trello, Rule.fm,
Google Calendar & Docs. I think the problems are:
- what do you think the tool(s) must do. Manage every aspect of the
project flow in one place, connect people that cannot meet in person,
share documents, track times or help with estimations ...
- what kind of project do you need to manage. For us was hard to find
something that fit at the same time projects like "develop software",
"conduct training", "manage an event". I mean, TRAC may be good for
"software project management", but not so friendly for non-developers.
- whether or not the team is used to project management. I work for a
little company not used to "manage project", without a clear workflow,
without a project manager. Anyway, currently I'm reading this book:
http://www.stellman-greene.com/aspm/ ;)

Like other said, good thread and +1 for the code4lib journal article.

Cheers,
Giulio

--
Giulio Bonanome