Andrew,

I looked at the www.library.yale.edu and a bit confused with the links
there. The links go to resources.library.yale.edu, but users will
eventually get the www.library.yale.edu/researchtools or other
sub-directories. So, my question is why there even exists
resources.library.yale.edu if the users would end up in a subdirectory
of www.library.yale.edu? The only thing that I can think of is to
track the click-through by looking at the logs. If that's the case,
why the need to have GA code to track resources.library.yale.edu?

Sorry, not really helping out, but perhaps understanding the reason
behind that resources.library.yale.edu might help figure out how to
proceed. Either way, looks like the Brian Tingle's suggestion should
work.

Also, since most of the link from www.library.yale.edu go to a
different subdomain, I believe the 98% drop off is expected.

ranti.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Predmore, Andrew
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have been tasked with updating the Analytics for the Yale University Library, and I am having quite a bit of trouble.
>
> Specifically, I was hoping to only track domain names that included library.yale.edu, like www.library.yale.edu,  resources.library.yale.edu, but the instructions don't seem to cover sub-sub-domains like this.
>
> Also, I was hoping to set up a profile/filter that would show me the sub-domains in the reports.  Again, I followed the directions but I am not getting any results.  Well, that's not entirely true the reports are showing about 30 visitors a day (and no page hits, how is that possible?).  The main profile is showing 5,000 – 10,000 visitors day.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this that could help me out?  Maybe there is even someone from Google at the conference?
>
> --
> Clayton "Andrew" Predmore
> Manager, Web Operations
> Yale University Library