Yes, the code is not consistent across our pages.  That is the problem I
am trying to solve.  The pages are served by dozens of different systems.
Therefore, I had held off on changing all of them until I knew I had
working code.

At this point, based on my research and the feedback here I will be going
with this:

_gaq.push(['_setDomainName', '.yale.edu']);

After I get that code on the majority of pages, I can start looking into
the separate problems I am having with drop-offs and setting up a profile
that will show me the sub-domains.

Thank you to everyone for the help.

--
Clayton "Andrew" Predmore