From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Corey A Harper
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 12:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] jobs.code4lib.org

I should repost the reply I sent on the c4lcon list here:

Hey Ed,

Thanks for posting this summary here. It's really cool to see a
description of how this is working.

I think this is a pretty good example of how a library data mgt
interface of the future might work:
* Grab some free text describing a thing;
* Try to clean it up, extract important concepts / themes topics
* Reconcile against some sort lod-lam friendly controlled vocabulary/ies
* Offer "cataloger" types an interface to accept / reject / refine
those mappings as well as the text of the "metadata" itself.

I would go to a breakout session about this.

Best,
-Corey

--
Corey A Harper
Metadata Services Librarian

** IronMail scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious
content. **