We did something with CommentPress, catalog records, and digitized Islamic
Manuscripts that was a bit more formal than what Corey describes (see
http://www.lib.umich.edu/islamic/ for the site, and
http://www.lib.umich.edu/islamic/getting-started for an overview). These
were largely Arabic manuscripts from the 15th-19th centuries that were
digitized and added to HathiTrust, but for which we had minimal cataloging
information. We crowd-sourced some of the cataloging to Islamic scholars
around the world -- they looked at the digital documents, reviewed the
bare-bones cataloging record we had created, and suggested additions.
Catalogers reviewed and corrected, and repeated.

Ken Varnum
Manager, Library Web Systems
University Library
University of Michigan