We're looking for a talented software developer to work with us on a number of
interesting projects upcoming this year. There will be some work around
digital repositories, research information, and research metrics, and new
projects and opportunities come up regularly.

The main languages we work with are Java and Python, with some JavaScript
(plus the usual basics like HTML/CSS). We also like to work with NoSQL back-
ends like Elastic Search, Apache Solr and CouchDB, and we work principally on
Linux machines. We apply Agile approaches to software development so our
projects are fast moving and flexible and everyone has an opportunity to
impact on the outcomes. In addition we are fully distributed, so you'd be
expected to work from home and provide your own computers/laptops; although we
do try to meet up often, so there's opportunity for travel up and down the
country.

It would be very handy - but not essential - to have experience in the Higher
Education and Research communities, with the use of (distributed) version
control (git or mercurial), and with commonly used HE open source software
such as DSpace.

In order to be eligible for the job you need to be a UK citizen or have the
appropriate work permit, and must be available for two rounds of interview in
London or Edinburgh.

Term: 1 year contract with the potential for renewal next year

Salary: Dependent on experience

To apply contact us by email ([log in to unmask]) with your CV

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/798/