Gary,

This is very, very interesting. Thank you for sharing this with the list. Would it be possible for you to share screenshots of your Confluence views using the metadata-report macro? We use Confluence for the same purpose, but maintain an independent list of projects in its own table. This tends to break down, as Confluence (or any wiki) seems to be great for generating a list, but keeping it up to data and in sync with items as they evolve in status requires duplicate data entry (and therefore doesn't happen efficiently / at all).

We have found the JIRA-Confluence link to be an excellent bridge between the two systems. For example, we track collections that need to be ingested to the repository as individual tickets in JIRA; we reflect this list in Confluence as a list. When JIRA tickets are updated, the list is automatically updated. It's very DRY, and helps keep people who don't use JIRA regularly out of JIRA--something everyone involved appreciates.

- Tom