Hello all,

At my campus we offer podcasts of course lectures, recorded in class and then delivered via iTunes and as a plain Mp3 download (http://podcast.ucsd.edu).  I have the new responsibility of figuring out how to transcribe text versions of these audio podcasts for folks with hearing issues.

I was wondering if any of you are using or have played with dictation/transcription software and can recommend or de-recommend any?   My first inclination is to go with open-source, but I'm open to anything that works well and can scale to handle hundreds of courses.

Thanks in advance!
Dan

*****
Daniel Suchy
User Services Technology Analyst
University of California, San Diego Libraries
858.534.6819