Please pardon my list-jacking for an off-topic solicitation. But read on if you work in a library setting and are also a musician. And please share this message with your colleagues & extended professional network.

Marc Fields & Bad Data is a "floating members" ensemble of librarian musicians who perform in an eclectic array of styles from folk & bluegrass to blues, straight ahead jazz, & old time & original rock.

We played at an ACRL reception sponsored by Lyrasis at the Philadelphia conference last year.  We will be taking the show on the road again next year for ACRL in Indianapolis and we will possibly be playing a Mid-Atlantic warm-up gig or two before that.

We're looking for some new members to fill gaps, especially a keyboard player, but we are open to all comers who are reasonably competent players comfortable enough to perform with confidence in front of a good sized audience. Though I emphasized keyboard, if you fiddle or pluck (or play the squeezebox) with any degree of skill, feel free to step forward. We're also interested in anyone who can sing in tune and on time, harmony or lead. Horn players are a bit more of a challenge, though if we get a few volunteers for those instruments we might be able to throw together some charts for a brass thing. We have a strong sax player already who is our main jazz guy.

A couple of links to some original library-themed tunes from last year's ACRL gig are below.  The audio's not great because it comes from a little camera mic, but you'll get the idea. Please contact me directly if you're interested in putting your hat in the ring for the next Marc Fields extravaganza. You won't regret it -- a great time was had by all last time around.

VuFind Blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yemQ-NBb0SI
Paper Jam (excerpt): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z9BWoctv6w
245 (MARC Tags Rule): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnvwdHuDp68

Joe Lucia