I think it would be useful to have some in-depth data on this topic.

Linda Tadic
Audiovisual Archive Network (AVAN)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Goethals, Andrea" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:45 AM
Subject: [NDSA-INFRASTRUCTURE] storage again?

Dear all,

Apart from other projects we're working on, and as a follow-up to our
preservation storage survey, I was wondering if there was any interest in
the group in having in-depth discussions about particular aspects of
preservation storage. I'm interested in both the reasons behind our policies
(number of copies to keep, how often to do integrity testing, requirements
to include tape, etc.) and opinions/experience on some of the existing and
up-and-coming features of modern storage systems (data
reduction/de-duplication features, encryption, inclusion of cloud storage,
WORM storage, federated clusters, etc.). I'll understand though if the group
wants to take a break from storage because we have spent a lot of time on
it.

Thanks,
Andrea

Andrea Goethals
Digital Preservation and Repository Services Manager
Harvard Library Office for Information Systems
(617) 495-3724

write to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: