Dear all,

Apart from other projects we're working on, and as a follow-up to our preservation storage survey, I was wondering if there was any interest in the group in having in-depth discussions about particular aspects of preservation storage. I'm interested in both the reasons behind our policies (number of copies to keep, how often to do integrity testing, requirements to include tape, etc.) and opinions/experience on some of the existing and up-and-coming features of modern storage systems (data reduction/de-duplication features, encryption, inclusion of cloud storage, WORM storage, federated clusters, etc.). I'll understand though if the group wants to take a break from storage because we have spent a lot of time on it.

Thanks,
Andrea

Andrea Goethals
Digital Preservation and Repository Services Manager
Harvard Library Office for Information Systems
(617) 495-3724