On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Godmar Back <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Mark, while I would be able to contribute code to pymarc, I probably won't
> (unless my collaborators' needs in respect to pymarc become urgent.)

Such is our conundrum. Most of my uses of pymarc only involve reading
records, not writing them.

> That's something occasional
> contributors cannot do, it requires work by the core team, in discussion
> with frequent users.

If you've looked at some of the past issues, you may have seen that
we've had some healthy discussions. Not all are resolved, clearly.
Speaking as an individual and not for the pymarc team, I agree that we
need this discussion.

> (I would have liked to take this discussion to a
> pymarc-users list, but didn't find any.)

Per the README [0]: "The pymarc developers encourage you to join the
pymarc Google Group [1] if you need help.  Also, please feel free to
use issue tracking [2] on Github to to submit feature requests or bug
reports. If you've got an itch to scratch, please scratch it, and send
merge requests on Github [3]."

[0] https://github.com/edsu/pymarc/blob/master/README.md
[1] http://groups.google.com/group/pymarc
[2] https://github.com/edsu/pymarc/issues