For production servers that are online 24/7 (or anything over 76
percent), we use the "heavy utilization" model. This gives a cost of
$20.01 per month for a small instance with a one year commit,
including the amortized fee, or $14.91 with a three year commit. The
break even point on going with a three year commit is 19 months.

Thanks,

Cary

--
Cary Gordon