On Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:59 AM, Win Shih [[log in to unmask]] wrote:
>[attachment] Screening the Future 2012 - flyer.pdf (2 MB)

While I appreciate receiving announcements of programs to attend and other messages, I'm less enthousiastic about receiving large e-mail attachments. I'm no longer on dial-up (thankfully), but I do know people who are, and trying to retrieve e-mail for several hours is not a pleasant experience. Plus, since I try to save the majority of my mail in case I need it at some point in the future, I often run close to the maximum storage limit for my account, so a large attachment could easily put me over the limit, hindering receipt of additional e-mails. If the information is available in the body of the message as well as at a link provided in the body, why is it necessary to include a large attachment as well?

(p.s. I apologize for sounding harsh. In other words, I long for the days of plain-text-only discussion lists.)

Thank you,

Bryan Baldus
Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.