NOOB to list and am appreciative of this discussion. My boss is encouraging me to share code and pointed me to code4lib. the majority of my code is recycled / repurposed from others so I've had reservations about sharing mainly because of what's taken from others. At the least, I'm mindful about leaving acknowledgements intact. Is there a good resource on how to start sharing code and ethical considerations?

Thanks for letting me chime in and best regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Godmar Back
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 11:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Q.: MARC8 vs. MARC/Unicode and pymarc and misencoded III records

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Jon Gorman <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Can't we all just shake hands virtually or something?

Here's my hand ||*(  [1].

I overreacted, for which I'm sorry. (Also, I didn't see the entire github conversation until I just now visited the website, the github email notification seems selective and only sent me Ed's replies (?) in my
emailbox.)

 - Godmar

[1] http://www.kadifeli.com/fedon/smiley.htm