From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matt Amory
Sent: 14 March 2012 13:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] NON-MARC ILS?

Is there a full-featured ILS that is not based on MARC records?
I know we love complexity, but it seems to me that my public library and its library network and maybe even every public library could probably do without 95% of MARC Fields and encoding, streamline workflows and save $ if there were a simpler standard.
Is this what an Endeca-based system is about, or do those rare birds also use MARC in the background?
Forgive me if the question has been hashed and rehashed over the years...

--
Matt Amory
(917) 771-4157