**** Apologies for Cross-Posting *********

I am happy to announce an exciting opportunity available in our rapidly expanding Digital Library Services Department within the Hesburgh Libraries at the University of Notre Dame.

Reporting to the Digital Library Services Department Head, we are seeking a senior candidate with strong software development and leadership skills to lead and implement automated services to support digital initiatives for both the Hesburgh Libraries and the wider campus community. Collaborating with the Digital Library Services Department Head and Digital Library Applications Lead, the incumbent will lead digital library infrastructure design to ensure access, discovery, security, data integrity, and preservation of unique library collections, campus research data, and conference event data. The incumbent will lead creation of complex software services to automate capture of metadata, archive data files, transform image and video files, automate digitization, and aggregate information from multiple sources. Because this is an area with constantly shifting needs, this individual must have a strong foundation in server-side software design as well as a high aptitude for mastering new skills and technologies quickly. This position will participate in cross departmental and organizational groups with partners from the Center for Research Computing (CRC), OIT, University Archives, and researchers to support research data management efforts throughout campus. This position will coordinate the efforts of multiple developers across multiple projects.

In collaboration with universities such as Stanford, Virginia, and University of Hull, the incumbent will also contribute to an open source project called Hydra (http://hydraproject.org) to create groundbreaking digital library applications, tools, and services. Faculty, researchers, students, and staff will benefit directly from this partnership through solutions created for preserving data, building rich discovery systems, managing descriptive information, and sharing information across multiple groups and institutions required by research projects and data management services mandated by grant funding agencies such as NSF.

*Note: There are also a few extra benefits like guaranteed opportunity to purchase football tickets every year, among others!

For more information or to apply go to jobs.nd.edu:

https://jobs.nd.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp?postingId=196257

More about the University of Notre Dame:

The University of Notre Dame is a highly selective national Catholic teaching and research university in northern Indiana about ninety miles from Chicago. Approximately 8,200 undergraduates and 3,100 graduate students pursue a broad range of studies. The University Libraries <http://www.library.nd.edu> hold about 3 million volumes and provide access to more than 23,000 serials. The Libraries have 140 staff and 55 librarians. The Libraries are a member of the Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI), ARL, NERL and other consortia. The University of Notre Dame is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer strongly committed to diversity. We value qualified candidates who can bring a variety of backgrounds to our community.

Thanks!
Rick
Rick Johnson
Head, Digital Library Services Department
Hesburgh Libraries
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN USA 46556
http://www.library.nd.edu