Older 3.x versions of Blacklight may have put a solrmarc.jar inside your
app's ./config/SolrMarc.  That may not be caught by your slug ignore.

This was an error, it was never meant to do that. If you have one in a
BL 3.x you should be safe to remove it.

Other than that, I'm curious what's making a BL app so large!

Incidentally, you don't need a ./jetty in your local app _at all_,
unless you actually want to keep a jetty Solr there. BL will optionally
install one there, but it's not required.

(Does slug size include your gem dependencies? I am not familiar with
heroku. Cause the BL gem itself _does_ also include a SolrMarc.jar, if
that's a problem, we'd have to refactor things on the BL side to make it
an optional dependency instead of baked into BL).